Catering Team Leader
We currently have an opportunity for a Catering Team Leader to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Main responsibilities
Purpose of the role
- To provide excellent customer service from the preparation, presentation and service of food and beverages to the client & Sodexo’s satisfaction, and to ensure standards are met.
- To work as part of the supervisory team on site, providing first line support for staff & conversing regularly with General Manager.
- To manage & control the catering service for the client to the agreed specification & to the agreed performance, qualitative & financial targets.
- Comply with & oversee the team, all Company and client policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, site rules, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace
- Oversee all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Ensure prompt provision & efficient service of all meals & catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the KPIs
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- Ensure financial documentation & accountancy of the Catering department is accurate & within agreed budget levels.
- Responsible for completion of Sodexo Eprofit Bookwork system.
- To manage the quality & hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through delivery.
- To actively enforce relevant statutory, company & site Health & Safety compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment.
- Obtain purchases from Sodexo through nominated suppliers
- To provide Hospitality services, liaising with the customers & ensuring Hospitality requirements are met within the agreed timelines & to the correct costings.
- Liaise with the General Manager in regards to cross charging / recharging of Hospitality costs.
- Take remedial action for any complaint or feedback and take action if at all possible.
- Assist in stock rotation control, first in, first out, reducing waste & driving sales.
- Maintain excellent client relationships & communicate with the day-to-day client at every opportunity
- Manage, train, coach and develop staff in both day to day tasks and out of unit training
- Ensure the safety and security of company and client property and money
- Uphold the correct procedures in menu planning, ordering & stock control
- To attend PDR sessions twice a year (half yearly & full review)
- Comply with any reasonable instructions from your line manager within the agreed deadline.
- Completion of all relevant H&S policies & procedures including Risk assessments.
- Completion of Sodexo Recipe On Line System
- Proven experience in managing & leading a catering team
- Industry acumen & knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding & demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to & driving company initiatives
- Strong communication & negotiating skills
- Experience in working in a standards / compliance environment
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Team Player
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Food safety level three qualification
- Knowledge of Company IT systems & procedures
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Catering Supervisor, Catering