General Services Manager
We are currently looking for a General Manager to the take overall day to day responsibility for the operational management of the logistics on site at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
You’ll deliver the highest possible standard of portering (including post services, waste and couriers), security, telecoms and Receipt and Distribution (including Linen) and Retail services across the site; whilst ensuring that Sodexo continuously and effectively support the Trust’s clinical needs to the agreed specified Service Level Agreement whilst participating in the development of strategy and the implementation of initiatives and goals, seeing them through to a successful conclusion.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career in Facilities Management.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week Monday – Friday, flexibility is a must. Will also participate in a periodic weekend rota as duty manager overseeing all services.
*Access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus and pension schemeMain responsibilities
- Manage the day to day operations and ensure service delivery is of a high quality with an emphasis on standards and the patient experience
- Develop and maintain effective communication with patients, relatives and Trust staff
- Adopt a team approach and participate fully with colleagues in the delivery and development of efficient integrated services, irrespective of discipline
- Respond to complaints and service issues in a timely, professional and pragmatic manner
- Have full budgetary responsibility for services under your control
- Lead and motivate a large diverse workforce, leading by example
- Take a pro-active approach to health and safety, minimising risk and empowering the team to improve the environment
- Deputise in the absence of the Business Director
- Proven experience of managing a complex service with a diverse workforce in a customer/patient service environment
- Experience of managing a successful P&L account
- Good team member with proven ability to lead, motivate, inspire and support diverse teams
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be persuasive and decisive
- Commercial acumen and business sense
- Hospital and PFI experience
- Proven IT skills
- Contract and project management skills
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
General Services Manager, GSM, Soft Services, Healthcare