Assistant Events Manager
CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.
Hourly Rate: £11 (depending on experience)
Working Pattern: in line with business needs
Contract Type: Variable
Contact Name: Kristina Zulpaite
• To lead a team on the delivery of a variety of events from drinks receptions to dinners.
• Providing constructive advice, guidance and feedback to ensure the successes and growth of your team members.
• Taking responsibility to deliver exceptional events, running the floor and effectively managing the client’s expectations throughout.
• Working closely with the Sales department to ensure all event requirements are discussed and understood in advance of the event to ensure best service delivery.
• The ability to adapt at short notice, inclusive of adapting to a client’s needs, unexpected challenges or last minute changes to the event and to continue to deliver service with a smile and to a high standard .
• Always considering the best possible guest experience and ensuring yourself and your team are delivering the best possible customer service.
• Setting up of event venues in accordance with the clients requirements.
• Leading on, and delivering food and beverage service inclusive of tray service buffet service, plated service and bar service .
• Actively contributing to the effective management and reporting of stock.
• Keeping the event venues and back of house areas tidy and fit for purpose.
• Ensuring paperwork is completed day to day, for example, post event logs.
• Ensuring all relevant legislation is adhered to.
• Ensuring your training and development is up to date at all times in line with business needs.
• To assist all events departments inclusive of Operations, Sales and Administration in line with business needs.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management. Plan, prioritise and manage personal time and productivity.
• Have a good understanding of event operations to ensure that the client receives the best possible service delivery for their event.
• To be a committed and motivated team member , focused on the delivery of ZSL and CH&Co Group Catering values.
The ideal candidate: We are looking to recruit an exceptional Assistant Events Manger to join our diverse and energetic meeting and events team. The ability to adapt to a fast paced role within one of London’s most unique venues is essential as no two days will be the same. One day you may be leading on the service of a three course dinner to 200 guests, the next day you may be preparing for a large event within a unique animal house. We are looking for a positive, experienced, driven and friendly individual with a ‘can do attitude’ and passion for their role and the industry. The ability to both lead, and work as a team is essential as we work with a ‘one team, one dream’ attitude here at the Zoo. Customer service delivery should be at the forefront of your mind and you will relish the opportunity to teach those team members who are newer to the industry the importance of customer satisfaction. Skills such as striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail, anticipating potential problems and solutions within the planning process and showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests are important. The ideal candidate will conduct themselves professionally at all times, whilst always wearing a smile on their face! The successful candidate will have proven experience within a similar role and be looking for the next challenge in their career.
Ampersand Caterers are the proud catering Partner of ZSL London Zoo – Ampersand Event at ZSL London Zoo are looking for events rising stars to join our excellent events team. If you want to join a forward thinking company whose passion for food, people development & excellent customer / client service is second to none - then we want to hear from you.