Deputy Dual Services Manager
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic hands on manager to join us as the Deputy Dual Services Manager for a well-known shopping Centre in Ealing. This is an extremely exciting time to join VSG and we are looking for applicants with a solid cleaning background.Main responsibilities
As the Deputy Dual Services Manager you will support the role of the Dual Services Manager. Supporting all security/ cleaning staff are performing to the satisfaction of the Client. Supporting appropriate training and development of staff, delivery of site responsibilities in accordance with the Assignment Instructions, fulfilment of all contracted hours/ duties, proactive and reactive support to the DSM and Client. This is a position covering 5 rostered days out of 7, assisting to provide 7 day management cover working with the DSM on coverage. Flexible duty hour’s dependant on the requirements of the business, providing support in all functions. To assist provide leadership, support, direction and guidance to the VSG day and night teams, with a strong and positive stance to the delivery of excellent and appropriate customer service.
- To Support the contract is manned to agreed levels at all times, as instructed by the client.
- To promote a safety culture and ensure the cleaning team are aware of and operate in accordance with company and client Health & Safety procedures at all times
- Ensuring all KPIs are met and achieved to the highest standards
- Ensure that the contract operates within H&S policies and procedures in line with COSSH and risk assessments.
- Provide training for all staff and recommendations where extra training is required
- To complete Company cleaning audits in line with the contract specification as well as maintaining stock levels, equipment and materials
- To be fully conversant with Risk Assessment, COSHH, Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant H&S requirements and that all relevant records are maintained and updated.
- Organising rotas, wages and administration duties including collating reports for management.
- Covering the duty manager including weekends and manage crisis management
- To ensure all accounting activities relating to area of responsibility are performed meeting audit and financial requirements
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, managers and external contractors working as the first point of contact.
- In conjunction with the DSM, develop and train the staff in security/ cleaning initiatives.
- Support the cleaning team keeping the fabric and finishes of the building properly cleaned, inspected and maintained according to the contract specification
- Assist with the completion of the Centre Health & Safety compliance on a daily, weekly and periodic basis, including organising Retailer Unit Inspections and Health & Safety checks assisting the DSM
- Experience in a cleaning role
- Committed to high levels of customer care
- Ability to engage, lead and develop new ways of working
- Good command in English both written and spoken
- Experience working in a retail management role
- Excellent working knowledge of COSHH and RIDDOR
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements
- Health & Safety – Follows the right procedures & challenges unsafe behaviour
- Shares knowledge & experience with other team members
- Able to use Microsoft word and Excel and confident in IT
VSG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of security services, offering total solutions that encompass guarding, systems, remote monitoring, training and background screening. The company is part of the Compass Group UK & Ireland, a global leader in the supply of support services to blue chip organisations.