Chef De Partie
About The Facility
Located in the heart of London's esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
As the Chef De Partie, you will prepare and cook at a complex and advanced level. You will also be responsible for providing a high quality of food service for patients, visitors, consultants and staff.
Salary: £19,093 - £22,126 (dependent on candidate experience)
Hours and Shift Patterns: 37.5 hours per week. Various shifts between 6am and 9pm, working 5 days out of 7, Monday-Sunday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow food production worksheet and prepare food as requested
- To liaise with senior chefs on the daily activities
- Prepare special diets
- Prepare daily jobs lists
- Supervise junior staff, ensuring quality standards are maintained
- Place invoices for supplies on the profit system
- Monitor stock levels weekly
- Daily temperature checks on refrigeration units
Skills & Experience
- Good spoken and written English
- Previous experience of working within a similar role in a 4/5 star Hotel establishment or similar hospital environment is essential
- Previous experience of delivering excellent customer service
- A good understanding of Health and safety principles
- Basic food hygiene regulations and practice (NVQ Food Hygiene Level 1 and 2)
About The Individual
As the successful applicant you will work well within a team and possess a flexible approach in order to meet the changing needs of the Catering department. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and will be friendly, polite and courteous at all times.