We currently have an opportunity for an engaging Chef Manager, with excellent cookery and communication skills to lead the catering operation for a high profile pharmaceutical client in Cork.
The role will suit experienced Chef Managers with a strong attention to compliance and comfortable combining both cooking and administration in their role, teamed with a passion for food and customer experience.
Plus bonus incentiveMain responsibilities
- Lead the delivery and production of quality food and service for approx. 500 on site customers across breakfast and lunch periods.
- Manage a team of 15 to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Oversee the hospitality offering which mainly includes corporate buffets
- Develop a food offering to ensure it consistently meets the needs of our customer
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Previous experience as a Chef Manager or Head Chef, within a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Experience of managing a team to deliver service excellence
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food and service
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Good administration skills
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
chef manager, head chef, catering manager, chef, chefs, cork, Ireland