Host is a fresh food company with a number of contracts in the education and healthcare industry a business built around passionate, professional people who seek a level of empowerment to enable them to make their statement in the world of contract catering food and service
Hourly Rate: £12.50 per hour
Working Hours: 13 hours per week
Contact: Pam Andrews
Job specification, Roles and Responsibilities:
A great opportunity has arisen for a Weekend Chef/Cook.
• Responsible for the preparation of all foods, catering for approximately 20 patients
• Maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen unit in accordance with company standards and statutory regulations.
• To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
• To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour.
• To ensure all employees in your direct control adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Operational Standards.
• To ensure through effective communication, that all unit employees are aware of desserts and correct price is charged.
• To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold.(When applicable)
• Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
• We are looking for someone who is willing to always push culinary boundaries.
• Ideally have worked in a restaurant/hospitality/hotel kitchen.
• Minimum of two years’ experience. Ability to work alone.