Red Carnation Hotels, a collection of family-run, award-winning boutique hotels are looking to recruit a IT Director.
As IT Director you will be a solid negotiator and adept at forming relationships with team members, department heads and external suppliers both locally and internationally. You will be located with the central IT team at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel, London.
You will be able to work well under pressure, work to a budget and meet deadlines. You will be a good communicator and highly organised. You will be a strong negotiator and highly numerate. You will be able to work with key stakeholders and influence business decisions at top level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of IT Director:
- Oversee the IT department influencing the strategy and overall direction of the department
- Establish the future business IT needs implementing business and IT change
- Lead the development and management of the company's system infrastructure and communications technology
- Securing the procurement of all non-food products.
- Working with suppliers that can match our environmental policies and show commitment to sustainability
- Managing the procurement system to ensure compliance from all hotels.
- develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation;
- develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels;
- considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy;
- prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects;
- ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation’s broad requirements.
The ideal candidate for the IT Director position will have:
- Vision and insight for future business strategies and be a step ahead of game
- Experience in compiling an IT budget, both operational and CapEx, to ensure business is future-proofed
- Experience in overseeing and driving the IT project management. “driving the management of IT Projects”
- Experience of team and people management in a hospitality environment
- Experience of project work in Data Security Compliance (GDPR)
- Experience in managing booking and e-commerce websites
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and has featured for five years in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and in the top ten for the last three years. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential! We are also proud to be recognised with a Gold Standard Award Investors in People - the first company to gain this award on a worldwide basis and retained it for ten years.
Closing date: 7 November 2017
We electronically scan and store a copy of your passport and/or ID card to gain a clear indication of the authenticity of the document and establish the ‘Right to Work’ in the UK