Market and Consumer Insight Manager – Food
Are you a consumer and market insight specialist with an interest in the Healthcare market? Are you someone with experience in food services management within the NHS or other public sector catering environments? If so, we would like you to join our Sodexo team in our Healthcare segment.
As Market and Consumer Insight Manager you’ll provide nationwide expertise and insight into the Healthcare segment with the objective of improving our competitiveness in patient dining.
In this role you’ll work with the segment teams to create a competitive and compelling range of patient dining offers and solutions for each patient cohort, ensuring Sodexo stays ahead of the competition in terms of quality, value and innovation.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
Access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund and bonus.Main responsibilities
- Work with industry and professional groups to gather insight that will drive the development of compelling services and offers
- Facilitate the speedy adaptation of our propositions in line with the changing market and consumer demands
- Develop case studies and other marketing collateral to evidence our patient dining credentials
- Work as part of a bid project team to produce high quality tender response documentation working with strict timelines
- Articulate bespoke solutions that go above and beyond the tender specification and give a competitive advantage
- Support/lead regional and global patient dining projects
- On a nationwide basis drive cost improvements by introducing new ways of working
- Work closely with the retail teams to ensure catering labour/equipment/facilities are fully optimised.
- You will have built a well-established network of industry and market contacts that can be utilised for gathering insight
- A strong and proven track record of supporting sales growth and retention through developing bespoke value for money catering services
- Experience in Senior Food Services Management within the NHS or other public sector catering environment
- Food Craft / Food Production/Management qualification
- Basic Food Nutrition qualification and experience in special/therapeutic diet cooker
- Experience of working with at least one other main stream competitor
- Member of HEFMA, Hospital Caterers Association as well as actively involved in NHS nutrition and dietetics groups, CQC, CQUINS, and Government Buying Standards forums etc.
- Has access to/developed service specific training that has a proven impact on improving the patient experience and providing CQC/PLACE evidence
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Consumer Insight, Research, Analysis, Healthcare, NHS, Food Services, Patient Dining