Assistant Catering Manager
We have a great opportunity for an experienced assistant catering manager to support the general manager in one of our high profile contracts in SE London. We provide the daily catering for our client, as well overseeing various functions and events. This could include sit down meals, buffets, finger buffets or reception drinks etc. as well as overseeing the day to day management of the restaurant on site.
The ideal assistant catering manager must have hospitality and events experience, catering for large events. You will be part of a team that supports high quality service and an outstanding food offer to the employees on site and their staff. You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
If you have experience working within high profile establishments e.g. hotels or events then contact me todayPackage description
40 Hours per Week, working 5 days out of 7
No split shift, but will need to work evenings when required
Between £25k - £30k depending on experience
Great holiday package
Free car parking
Meals on duty
Will need 5 years checkable references
Plenty of opportunity to progress within the companyMain responsibilities
- Assist in managing a team of up to 20 staff to deliver an excellent catering service with great customer service skills and quality food
- To assist the general manager and bar manager on site
- Will be overseeing the restaurant and various functions
- Fully responsible for all H&S and F&H regulations
- Working closely with the conference team with catering and room booking
- Develop the existing team's knowledge and skills.
- Assist in the smooth running of all events and functions
- Experience in managing corporate hospitality and fine dining functions ideally within a hotel or sport and leisure venues.
- Good level of conferencing background
- It would be to your advantage to have your own transport
- Experience working within a high volume establishment
- Passion for high quality food and innovative concepts
- Eye for detail, work well under pressure and very organised
- Track record of staff development including training and motivating staff