Commercial Catering Manager
Taylor Shaw are looking for a strong, commercially minded Catering Manager with excellent knowledge of the education sector. Working under the guidance of an Operations Manager the role will be ideal for someone who wants to develop their career in this fast growing business sector.
We have a new and exciting opportunity to recruit a Commercial Catering Manager within the Education Sector. Working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 52 weeks per year
Commercial Catering Manager Role Purpose:
- Ensure succinct provision of a full service to Colleges as part of the Taylor Shaw brand.
- Managing staff.
- Controlling a tight budget.
- Stock auditing.
- Ordering and inducting new staff.
- Ensure engagement with business managers, head teachers and student representative bodies and at stages be prepared to brief board of governors on request.
- Ensure support provided to colleges as there may be a requirement to support some evening and weekend activities.
Essential Qualifications & Experience Needed To Be Catering Manager:
- Individual will need to be fully qualified 706/2 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the Education Sector is essential.
- Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste.
- You will also be IT proficient.
- You must be a self-motivated individual who works well unsupervised.
- You must have excellent people management skills and be able to motivate your team.
- Understand School Food Trust Guidelines on Nutrition.
- Be proactive and ensure innovation through team and service.
- You must be an excellent communicator and in order to build relationships with customers and clients alike.
- Demonstrates confidence with a ‘Can do’ attitude.
Why is it great to work for US?
- Company sick pay scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Recognition reward and awards
- Long Service awards
- Annual Salon Culinaire
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme.
The ideal Commercial Catering Manager candidate will have a proven track record of craft excellence and extensive knowledge of Catering Provision and monitoring and generating revenue.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check the cost of which will be borne by the company.