CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.
We are currently looking for an Sous Chef with a strong background in banqueting to join our culinary team at this top visitor attraction in the heart of West Sussex
As a key player in our culinary team, you will:
- Take responsibility with the Head Chef in preparation of all foods.
- Be ready to take control of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
- Ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour.
- Ensure all employees in your direct control adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Operational Standards.
- Ensure through effective communication, that all unit employees are aware of desserts and correct price is charged.
- Cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
- A passionate chef, willing to always push culinary boundaries.
- A strong team player who has experience in leading a small team or section.
Working Pattern: 5 Over 7
Contract Type: Permanent
Contact Name: Kevin Churchyard
If you feel you have the above qualities and more, and you want to work within a forward thinking company whose passion for food, people development & excellent customer / client service is second to none - then we want to hear from you.