Hours: Full Time (45 hours)
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, on rota basis, 5 days out of 7. Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning, luxury guest destination, nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four Red Star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
Our 2 AA Rosette ‘Squires’ Restaurant provides a completely modern dining experience. Our eclectic menus are produced using only the finest seasonal ingredients and wherever possible sourcing all our products locally.
About the Position
We are seeking a Restaurant Manager to provide strong and inspiring leadership team to our waiting and bar staff. Working a range of shifts - this position is critical to our objective of providing exceptional hospitality and a memorable dining experience for our guests.
You will supervise, motivate and mentor our waiting staff to build their confidence, serving and hosting skills. You will enjoy being at the fore-front, hosting within the restaurant, talking to guests and demonstrating extensive food and wine knowledge (training will be provided).
As an experienced Manager you'll face the challenges of busy service with passion and enthusiasm. You'll be an excellent communicator between the kitchen and the waiting staff team with a calm, controlled and professional management style. Most importantly you'll delegate effectively and efficiently to ensure that service is exemplary for our guests and so that the team are well managed and focused.
- Proven restaurant management experience
- Strong food and wine knowledge
- You must have food and drink serving experience, gained within a hotel or hospitality environment (Essential)
- Pro-active team player with experience of leading others.
- Confident communicator with a passion for providing outstanding guest service, at all times.
- Ability to remain calm, in-control and focused during busy service
- Be able to provide direction to waiting staff and lead by example regarding restaurant hospitality.
- Confident to deliver training and coaching to team members.
- Dedicated, hardworking and reliable with a desire to progress your restaurant/hospitality career.
Why Join our Team
As a privately owned, independent hotel and spa, we have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team.
We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same?
What We Offer
- 28 days (pro-rata) holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- 50% food discount within our 2 Rosette Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
To apply for this role
Please visit our careers page and apply online - www.bedfordlodgehotel.co.uk/careers
Job Type: Full-time