2 days left
- Full Time
HMP Northumberland are recruiting for a Catering Supervisor.
You will oversee the catering provision across the estate in accordance with contractual obligations and standards
HMP Northumberland offers a variety of initiatives and programmes to help residents engage within the prison’s rehabilitative culture. This includes various educational and vocational qualifications, as well as a variety of opportunities for residents to learn new skills within our workshops and industries departments. We have textile, engineering and electrical workshops and can offer prisoners experience in horticulture, market gardens, cleaning, waste management and laundry services on site.
As a working prison, we work towards the resettlement of residents upon their release into the community and their integration into society through the skills acquired while in our care. We are committed to supporting people to change their lives for the better and lead law-abiding lives.
Being over 4 miles in circumference, the prison is a vast space with exceptionally kept plantation and currently houses over 1300 residents with a range of sentence terms.Package description
£18,360 per annum - 39 hours per week
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holidayMain responsibilities
- Attend meetings within the prison regarding food related issues.
- Work with and give advice where necessary to other departments and outside agencies.
- Work alternatively with the other supervisors to provide supervisory cover of the Catering facility.
- Identify kitchen prisoners who upon release would be suitable for employment with our business partners.
- Supervise the Catering Assistants and kitchen prisoners in the preparation of meals in accordance with approved recipes and menus.
- Supervise kitchen prisoners in the clean-up activity to maintain high standards of sanitation, safety, health standards and security.
- Carry out searches of prisoners and goods received.
- Manage the prison kitchen in aspects of Food Hygiene and Food safety.
- Committed to own personal development.
- Willingness to participate in training as required.
- Be compliant with the Health & Safety at Work Act.1974 regulations
- Participate in mandatory/refresher training as required and to be continually developing.
- Support the Director in delivering the vision for HMP Northumberland, by ensuring that the prison operates effectively with the corporate and local values and vision
- Food Safety regulations adhered to at all times
- All work undertaken is carried out safely using good practice.
- Tool management procedures are adhered to.
- To adhere to departmental budgets and cost controls
- Ensure all food is prepared and handled in accordance with the relevant guidelines.
- Assist to maintain efficient and secure receipt, storage and issue of foods and provisions and maintain documents related with these systems.
- Complete all relevant daily paperwork
- Ensure all requests for maintenance of plant equipment are processed efficiently.
- Ensure prisoners comply with cleaning procedures and stock rotation.
- Ensure all prisoners and visitors adhere to Sodexo Health & Safety procedures and the Food Safety Act 1990
- Instruct and oversee the daily workload of Catering Assistants and prisoners.
- Maintain liaison with all other departments within the establishment.
- Ensure meal production timescales are met and visit all points of service to ensure all food legislation and portion control is adhered to.
- Maintain awareness of security and health and safety at all times and report and issues to the appropriate department promptly.
- Perform any other duties that are assigned in order for the development of the establishment.
Compliance, Environmental, Health & Safety and Risk Management
- Managing vendor compliance in line with Sodexo's procedures.
- Understanding of when it’s necessary to seek advice from Head of Facilities and to consult for technical expertise to ensure the correct procedures are followed.
- Managing compliance including standard operating procedures, purchasing, statutory requirements (health and safety).
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work area
- Ensuring that HR procedures are followed and ensuring any people related problems are dealt with in line with policy and procedure.
- Understanding of safety rules
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Excellent time management
- Efficiency and discretion
- Participate in training as required in order to keep up to date with all mandatory and refresher training.
- Suitable qualifications for Example City & Guilds 7061/7062 or equivalent NVQ level.
- IOSH Trained.
- Achieve Intermediate level of food hygiene certificate
- Experience of working in a large catering outlet
- Planning and Organisation
- Working with others
- Continuous improvement
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.