Executive Head Chef
2 days left
- Part Time
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your senior culinary career in a prestigious environment with access to high quality facilities. In this role, you will join the senior management team at high profile independent school and provide team leadership and development, food offer development and daily food production/core feeding across a large site with multiple venues and high volumes.
The opportunity is therefore suited to individuals with strong people management, motivation and development skills and a background in craft/offer development across a large site or multiple sites.
Job grade H2 - With flexible benefitsMain responsibilities
- Lead the daily delivery, production and strategy for food/retail/hospitality services for a large independent school. This can include up to 1,500 students for core feeding, high volumes of events across the year, 3 retail outlets, plus fine dining and functions.
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of Chefs including client Chefs to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop and enhance the service offering and lead the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site.
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Previous experience in a senior or group culinary role, ideally within volume catering, hospitality and retail.
- Demonstrable people managerial skills and experience of training and developing
- Excellent craft skills
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Executive Head Chef, Executive Chef, Group Chef, Culinary Director, Development Chef, Chef, Chefs, Regional Chef