Food development and training Chef
2 days left
- Full Time
Salary: £25k dependent on experience 43 working weeks spread over payHours: 40 hours per week.
Location: North West, covering from Liverpool to Derby
Contract Start Date: ASAP
Accountable To: Operations Manager
Required to wear uniform as per company guidelines
As food development and training chef, your role is to support the catering managers and catering team in the North-West operations adding value to our contracts.
• You will be responsible for delivering talks, workshops and training sessions to school children as well as monitoring our contracts against the specific standards and supporting the team with food innovation ideas.
• You may cover as relief chef in absences.
• You must have the ability to communicate with a multitude of people from a 5 year old reception class pupil to a senior principle.
• You will also be expected to support the business development team by delivering food innovation presentations at prospective new business presentation
Key Areas of Work
• techniques / portions / cooking techniques / food presentation / waste management / food innovation techniques.
• Food standards (ingredients / food preparation
• Assessment and development of site food production methods.
• Effective servery set up and food presentation techniques
• Menu planning (including nutritional / customer wants / delivery and commercial aspects)
• Purchasing control and assessments (working with nominated suppliers)
• Marketing support (some development input)
• Catering innovation and staff motivation.
• Other Added Value Duties
• Meet with student council and demonstrate food innovation
• Bring creativity and innovation to the food offer, work with the food development team to create basics and then showcase this to the business
• Drive and deliver taster sessions to key contracts
• Supporting new openings with staff training
• Ensure food hygiene and health and safety regulation are adhered to at all times
• Ability to train and develop skills, empower site staff, rather than compensating directly.
• Food production or chef qualification e.g. 706 / 1.
• English and Math’s GCSE or equivalent.
• Full driving license
Skills and experience:
• Chefing or Catering Management role in large or multi-site contract catering operation or equivalent commercial experience.
• Group staff training and motivation experience.
• Large Scale food production methods. (purchasing / storage / preparation / presentation / stock control)
• IT skills – word and excel
• Presentation skills – presentation to small groups of adults and children.
• Cooking presentation skills – theatre cooking co-ordination / running and presentation.
• Passion for training and enthusing staff.
• Written and verbal communication.
• Time management and journey planning.
• Bookwork / finance and computer skills.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
So if you want to work with great people and fresh, high quality ingredients – APPLY TODAY