Senior Events Sous Chef
Full Time – Senior Events Sous Chef – Farbridge, West Dean
£30,000 to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience
We have the perfect opportunity to join our team as a full time senior events sous chef at Farbridge, West Dean, West Sussex.
Catering for weddings and events at Farbridge, we are passionate about producing dishes that speak to our clients through flavor and freshness, aromatically, visually and on the palate. We pride ourselves on offering a unique menu design service by embracing new and old cooking techniques and keeping in line with the market trends. We are looking for an experienced and talented Sous Chef to join our team.
What we do….
Farbridge is a wedding and events venue nestled in the foot hills of the stunning South Downs National Park. Working out of a beautifully converted 18th century barn, we have a new, large, modern kitchen and facilities on site. We pride ourselves on exceeding all expectations, by delivering an impeccable service, a stunning venue and the finest food in the wedding industry.
Who we are looking for….
- Proven knowledge and experience in catering for large guest numbers as a sous chef in the events business is necessary.
- An eye for detail is imperative and a dedicated and personal approach is essential in providing a bespoke menu design service to every individual customer.
- Energy, spirit and leadership skills to be able to inspire, train and develop a supporting team of chefs.
- A creative and imaginative flair is important in helping couples to create their unique day. This quality is a key trait in being able to demonstrate our ability as a company to keep developing and evoke their ideas.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to assist the Head Chef with ordering, team rotas, menu costing, stock takes, food preparation and storage.
- To have high standards and expectations concerning food hygiene standards and safety guidelines in the kitchen.
- Passion for food and enthusiasm for developing innovated dishes.
- A positive, enthusiastic and passionate attitude, we are responsible for creating lasting memories for wedding couples and their guests.
Duties and responsibilities….
- To support the Head Chef in the design and specifications of all dishes, bringing innovative and on-trend ideas, whilst meeting the client brief.
- Lead a team of chefs to ensure consistency throughout production and service of menu.
- Work alongside the Head Chef to ensure that all health and safety, and food safety standards are adhered to and maintained.
- Assist the Head Chef with precise costings, portion control, correct preparation and storage methods.
- To ensure that general stock rotation procedures are maintained.
- Upkeep and maintain a clean and organised working kitchen environment.
- Support the Head Chef with training of junior chefs.
- Attend tastings and menu meetings in the absence of the Head Chef to inspire clients with their menu design and exceed their expectations.
- Assist Head Chef with staff rotas.
- Working week – Full time – working 5 out of 7 days in line with business needs
We are dedicated to development, growth and innovation within the company and encourage progression with everyone in our team. It is an extremely exciting time to join our Farbridge team right now.
Contact: Simon Dixon
Please click apply and send us your cv.