Hospitality Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Hospitality Manager to lead a busy and high profile hospitality operation for a prestigious Independent School. The role will require a “hands on”, customer focused individual to drive a 5 star service and develop strong relationships within one of the highest ranked schools in the UK.
This role is to cover maternity leave on a fixed term basis.
12 month fixed term contractMain responsibilities
- Efficient management of busy, 7 day hospitality operation which includes match teas, VIP dinners, banquets and school events
- Manage a team of two Assistants plus casual staff to deliver a high quality 5* service at all times and continuously improve standards.
- Liaise with the General Services Manager to review services and drive business improvement
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Ensure that we deliver a high quality and well organised services and that all food is prepared to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Previous experience of managing a 5 star hospitality operation, ideally from a corporate, hotel or fine dining environment
- Strong exposure to fine dining elements such as menu writing, high end products and wine pairing
- Good financial awareness and strong management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and highly organised with a great attention to detail
- Experience of managing a hospitality team in a busy environment
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Hospitality Manager, Hospitality and Events Business Manager, Events Manager, Front of House Manager,