Executive Head Chef / Head Chef
Executive Head Chef / Head Chef
This is a new opening and as such the position would suit either an Executive Head Chef with at least two years experience in a similar role, or a powerful Head Chef with banqueting experience looking to further their career.
The F&B department runs independently from the hotel, so the duties required of the successful applicant include but are not limited to.
- Is familiar with Rational Self Cooking Centre
- Maintaining a healthy working relationship with the hotel, and food & beverage Gm’s to ensure a seamless experience for all guests
- Attend weekly meetings with the hotel to receive and provide feedback on the guest food product
- Full responsibility for all food safety standards within the hotel and any health and safety within the culinary department
- Provisions high levels of brand standard service to win "Raving Fans"
- Responsible for all members of the culinary team whilst on the premises
- Drive sales of restaurant, lounge, whiskey bar, private dining rooms and conferencing and events facilities in conjunction with the sales team and front of house management.
- Directly responsible to the unit general manager for the financial performance of the unit and achievement of KPI's
- To complete the required daily and weekly reports and audits and then send them to the area manager and GM
- Personally write the weekly culinary schedule at least a week in advance, and ensure compliance with company labour margins.
- Creation of a monthly managers schedule for all culinary managers
- Develops and encourages succession planning to a high level
- Assesses competitive market and takes steps to ensure we retain a gastronomic edge by continually conducting competitive analysis visits and encouraging their team to do it also.
- Bi-annually updates and improves the banqueting and restaurant menu offering to provide a varied and exciting cost effective selection for guests
- Understands and promotes the importance of provenance, through the menu selection and descriptors
- Liaises with suppliers to ensure correct pricing, product quality and timely delivery at all times.
- To facilitate training of all team members to a high level within company training standards
- To actively preach, deliver and maintain all brand standards within all departments of culinary staffing.
- Completion of all monthly internal audits in line with company policy
- Attend weekly manager meetings with back and front of house teams to ensure free flow of information and provision of action plans
- Drives food quality through consistent assessment and communication with the front of house team
- Manages food costs to a high level using all of the brand standard tools and training provided
- Full accountability for protection of the brand and its image within the UK market
- Development of annual budgets in conjunction with the general manager for presentation to the Regional manager
- Be available to travel for either conferences or to help out with new store opens and training
Apply for Executive Head Chef / Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly