Junior Chef de Partie
Being a chef is not easy, late nights, working every weekend and split shifts. Would you like to work in an environment, where you have a better social life and work life balance?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate chef de partie our junior chef de partie to join our brigade of experienced chefs at one of our education sites in West Sussex.
The junior chef de partie will be assisting the brigade catering mainly for breakfast, lunch and dinner all from fresh produce, catering for large numbers therefore would be to your advantage if you have worked in a busy environment. You will be working within a brigade of up to 12 chefs, this will enable you to learn more new skills and progress within your career.Package description
£8.50 to £9.20 per hour plus overtime
40 Hours 5 days out of 7 will need to be flexible, between 7am - 8pm
Up to 10 % in various high street stores
Easy access to public transport
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Excellent opportunities to progress and develop your career within the largest contract catering company in the world
- Catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner all from fresh produce
- Working with a brigade of well qualified and motivated chefs
- Will be assisting the Head Chef and the rest of the brigade by cooking high quality food all from fresh, to a high volume of customers, who expect excellent service and quality food.
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Will also be involved in catering for hospitality
- Assist in stock taking, ordering of stock etc.
- Excellent culinary skill
- High standards and be quality driven
- Experience working in a very busy environment
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Immaculate personal presentation, outgoing, passionate, excellent customer service and communication skills are required for this highly visible position
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering pupil and staff feeding along with an extensive range of hospitality and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.