Elior UK is currently looking for a dynamic individual to join our team in the capacity of General Manager at one of our most prestigious sites in our education division. This is a busy site that demands exemplary service standards
Kingston University, Kingston Hill, Kingston-Upon-Thames, KT2 7LB
Summary of Role
Our General Manager will be responsible for sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by overseeing the management of the catering team and overseeing the kitchen team to deliver culinary and customer service excellence. Responsible for managing a team to deliver innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As General Manager for Elior you will be expected to:
- Responsible for all operational, financial and administrative tasks within the site.
- Accountable for site financial performance including maintaining a healthy GP, ensuring sales targets are met and wastage minimised.
- Ensure all hospitality functions within the site are carried out in adherence to the company service standards.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As General Manager for Elior we look for:
- Have a degree or advanced diploma in Catering
- Proven experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in managing a full profit & loss account across different revenue streams
- Advanced Food Safety and Health & Safety training
- Strong commercial knowledge, ability to understand, create and report on financial budgets and performance.
- Experience in education and hospitality will be an added benefit
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Elior we look for someone who shares the same values:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.