Catering Assistant - Wingfield Café and Staff Restaurant at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
Compass Group and we are proud to be the official caterer at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), one of the world’s most prestigious sporting venues which annually plays host to The Championships, Wimbledon. The AELTC is a private members’ club, catering year-round for its members, tourists visiting from across the globe, and everyone working behind the scenes to deliver this world-famous event.
Wimbledon is not just about the tennis; it is also a celebration of great food and drink. Here at Wimbledon, we are passionate about showcasing the very best of our British products, reflecting the heritage and history of the AELTC. Put simply, we strive to serve the best food and drink and employ the best staff to deliver a unique experience for our customers.
Want to be a part of Wimbledon? Interested in joining the team that makes it happen? Apply now for this exciting opportunity.Package description
Hours 40 a week
Flexible 5 out of 7
Excellent benefitsMain responsibilities
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant to join the Wingfield Café team at the All England Lawn Tennis Club.
The Wingfield Café is open year-round to visitors from around the world, tour groups and the local community.
Open daily, the café serves lunch and daily treats including sandwiches, salads, pastries, cakes and snacks, all freshly prepared using seasonal and local produce.
As the Catering Assistant, you will ensure that each customer visiting the Wingfield Café enjoys a memorable experience!
- Provide excellent customer service to all our guests
- Using, preparing and serving fresh seasonal produce
- Ensure the kitchen and dining areas are clean at all time
- Maintain stock levels and take responsibility for re-filling displays and counters
- Have excellent standards and presentation at all times
You will be working an average of 40 hours per week over a 7-day operation.Ideal candidate
You will be enthusiastic, have a can-do attitude and have a good knowledge of service standards.
- Previous catering experience desirable but not essential – if you have a positive attitude and are willing to learn we will offer full training
- Being a food enthusiast and have a genuine interest in the catering industry
- Enthusiastic and passionate about customer service
- Be flexible with a positive can-do attitude
- Smart, polite and excellent verbal communication skills
Overall you will have bags of personality, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude. A real pride and passion for what you do is essential, with the ability to build rapport and long terms relationships with all our key stakeholders.
In return for your skills and dedication, we can offer a competitive salary and a host of great benefits from meals on duty, staff benefits, bespoke and continual training and support.