Here at ESS – part of the Compass Group family – we are market leaders in the provision of catering, retail, leisure and support services in the Defence, Government & Offshore sector. This allows us to work in some of the most historic and iconic locations across the British Isles.
We are looking for an individual to deliver efficient and effective caretaking support at our High School contract. You will be required to ensure that heating, lighting and security are maintained in order to provide a safe environment for children, staff and other users of school premises. You will also be responsible for complying with all contractual, health and safety and PPP-IML standards.Package description
5 out of 7 - 37 hours weekly
Must be available to work hours from 7.30am to 4.30pm
Some of your daily responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out security procedures for the building, facilities and grounds, i.e. security inspections, lock/unlock doors, activate/deactivate alarm equipment, identify repairs, identify suspicious occurrences and liaising with the police and authorities as required.
- Completing Planned Maintenance, reactive maintenance, carrying out routine checks and maintaining appropriate records in the management system files.
- Undertaking handyperson duties including; painting and decorating, first line maintenance of fixtures and fittings, basic plumbing, remedial works after break ins for which competence has been determined.
- Provide support for TPI lettings (hire out of facilities to 3rd parties) by setting up rooms, football pitches, locking and unlocking premises, checking rooms and equipment following hire and performing light cleaning duties following activity in accordance to the TPI letting agreement.
- Safeguarding approved sub-contractors and visitors by ensuring site inductions are carried out, and access to buildings and keys are issued in accordance with HSE, safe systems of work permits, and security and contractual standards. Ensuring that sub-contractor work is completed to the required standards and appropriate documentation is left on site.
- Communicating with the team to understand clear work objectives, maintain positive team work, share and solve problems and follow a positive safety culture through daily huddles.
- Carrying out Fire Marshall duties and support response for out of hours emergencies
- Promoting a safety culture and ensuring you are aware of and comply with all client and company health & safety procedures and standards at all times.
- Carrying out other reasonable requests made by your line manager including working in areas other than those which you are accustomed.
- Proven experience in DIY/practical skills
- Good spoken English and basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise, and manage tasks to deal with the day to day demanding environment
- High standards of cleanliness and well presented
- Experience working in a caretaking role and dealing with contractors
- Able to offer a trade (electric/plumbing/building)
- Desire to develop knowledge and skills to progress further
- Experience in leading a team to deliver high standards
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.