Conference & Events Coordinator
- Full Time
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are currently looking for a confident customer orientated Conference & Events Coordinator to provide a seamless handover to the Operations team.
This role is required to co-ordinate all bookings, from initial enquiry stage to proactively selling and exceeding customer expectation; to consistently ensuring the highest standards of accuracy and time keeping are continually met.Main responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safe and secure operation of all operational activities on behalf of all stakeholders
- Ensuring that all legislative and TEL operational procedures and standards are applied to provide a consistent and safe service and product for all compass employees and customers
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
- To demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
- To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
- To actively gain customer feedback, passing information gained, on to your line manager.
- As part of our commitment for continuous improvement and innovation, all colleagues are encouraged to seek ways to improve work activities and promote efficiency
- Ensuring all event information is entered into Delphi to the required company standard and handed over in good time to the Operations team
- Demonstrating industry awareness of trends and innovations and where applicable, applying these to your everyday work
- Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required
- To promote TEL and maintain a positive company image
We are looking for an individual who can successfully demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Passion for the events industry
- A level standard education
- Have a sound and demonstrable knowledge of food and drink
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Competent in using MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Good verbal communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of visitors to your work area
- Knowledge of events booking system, specifically Delphi would be preferable
- Able to prioritise with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Professional and confident telephone manner and excellent communication skills
- Ability to take initiative when required and resolve potential problems quickly
- Professional, presentable, efficient, self-motivated individual
- Self-Confident, assertive, flexible and approachable
- Strong, demonstrable administrative skills
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.