Venue General Manager
Venue General Manager
Overview of the Position
Riverside Stratford is a unique venue, being the largest wooden building in Europe.
Situated alongside the River Avon in Stratford upon Avon this multi functional venue provides a unique busy restaurant and bar plus comprehensive and stylish meeting facilities which can cater for a variety of events from board meetings to a full scale conference or a product launch. The venue also caters for more leisure based events such as weddings, christenings and birthday celebrations.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic General Venue Manager to oversee the daily operation of Riverside, and will be responsible for managing all operations of the building. You would manage a team of approximately 40 staff and catering for up to 500 on site at any one time. Extensive previous experience from within a similar role is essential.
As the General Manager you will lead and manage a large team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable operation and ensure all budget targets and KPI’s are not just achieved but exceeded. Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day to day business, you'll maximise the performance of your team. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service, therefore the ideal candidate needs to have a strong background in the operational execution of events.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values from the following:
- Strong knowledge and record of success within the Catering and Service sector
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills to create a winning team, previous management experience essential
- Retail and commercial skills are a must
- Either large or multi-site previous experience
- Previous budget management and/or profit & loss responsibility
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service, evaluating guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Maintain good communication and work relationships within the business and with external customers and suppliers
- Maintain operation standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene, health and safety ensuring high standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Full responsibility for all the cash handling, recording and reporting for the venue, providing reconciled and accurate daily and weekly income returns.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are adhered to in accordance with business needs and within guidelines; monitor staff levels and rectify if necessary.
- Ensure that training is carried out on an ongoing basis
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
Essential Skills Required
- Proven Team Management and an ability to build relationships with managers and staff.
- Able to work under pressure and on your own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and licensing laws.
- I.T & computer literate essential.
- Able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
- Attention to detail.
- Personal Licence.