Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We are currently looking to recruit a Receptionist (Shift Working). You will be based at Whiston Hospital but will have to be flexible in working in St Helens Hospital when holiday cover is required.
We are looking to recruit a night shift receptionist to work within our busy hospital. The role will be based in Whiston Hospital, Merseyside.
You will be contracted to 19 hours per week. Your shift pattern will reflect 2 nights working and 6 nights off, each shift will be 12 hours per week. Your hours of work will be 20:30-08:30, but flexible when required.
You must be flexible and available to cover holiday/sickness shifts.Main responsibilities
You will be responsible for the main reception and ensuring all patient and general enquiries are handled in a prompt and quality orientated manner. Other duties include:
- Provide general hospital information.
- Deal with patient enquiries from 2 main telephone lines and visitors
- Fire Evacuation procedure is followed correctly.
- To allocate doctors On Call rooms and relatives accommodation rooms and complete all the necessary paperwork.
- To book any taxis required by patients/visitors.
- During out of hour periods the post requires unsupervised working with the support of the Trusts on call management team.
- To operate the Trust’s internal paging system .
- To be aware of the confidential aspects of the post.
- Assisting hospital chaplaincy people with daily enquiries
- Assist with Security matters in order to prevent loss and damage to the Trust.
- Dealing with complaints and upholding no smoking policy/fire evacuation procedure.
The ideal candidate will need to provide a high quality, comprehensive reception service 24 hours a day 7 days a week including Bank Holidays. You will be providing a service to the Trust, Hard FM, contractors and Medirest staff. Also:
The Ideal Candidate
- Must be a good communicator
- Must be computer literate and numerate
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be clean, tidy and professional at all times
- Must be passionate, positive and process a ‘can do’ attitude’
- Must be open minded with an eye for detail
- Must be able and confident to communicate to all levels of staff
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of the business