We have an exciting opportunity for a Sous Chef for one of our new high profile contract wins, in Oxford. The sous chef will be overseeing the kitchen in one of their 14 cafes on site, reporting to the catering manager/head chef. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sous to make a name for themselves.
You will work closely with the group executive chef on site to oversee all daily operations within the unit. You will be cooking high quality menu based items as well as offering grab and go items e.g. sandwiches, baguettes and paninis etc. All from fresh high quality produce. You will also be involved in catering for various functions on site.
For the right candidate we offer fantastic career development programs and management training opportunities. We encourage our staff to be the best they can be and support future career aspirationsPackage description
Up to £25k depending on experience
Mon – Fri, 40 hours per week, plus overtime
2 weeks off over Christmas
Between Hours of 7am - 4pm
Easy access by public transport
Meals on duty
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Up to 10 % discount in various high street stores
Plenty of opportunity to progress within the company
You will be working for the largest contract catering company in the worldMain responsibilities
- Cooking food to the highest standards including breakfast and lunch
- Managing a small team
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Making sure food is presented well and served on time
- Will be fully responsible for H&S and F&H
- Stock taking, ordering of stock
- Working towards GP and making sure this gets achieved
- Superb culinary skill with a huge passion for quality food and ingredients
- High standards and be quality driven
- Committed to food and customer service innovation and enjoy working with children
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team and be able to manage them
- Must have experience working in a busy environment
- Outgoing, passionate, excellent customer service and communication skills are required for this highly visible position
- Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
Our company vision is Great People, Great service, Great Results. It’s a vision we hope you’ll share as it’s helped us to become a world class business, with over 50,000 people developing their careers with us, here in the UK alone. Join us and enjoy exceptional support, variety and opportunity.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.