Director of Conference & Events- ExCel
ExCeL London, the exhibition and international convention centre, is the host venue for a variety of events from award winning exhibitions and conferences to international association meetings, product launches, banquets, award ceremonies, sporting events and great days out.
Levy Restaurants UK are looking to recruit a Director of Conference & Events to manage our large and varied mix of events and conference spaces for up to 5000.
If you have experience in strategically planning and overseeing high volume conferences and events, are team and customer focused and are looking for a challenging and rewarding new position within a company that supports growth - we want to hear from you!Package description
- Up to £60,000 + discretionary bonus
- 5 out of 7 yet flexibility required
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- A high profile, key contract with lots of scope for innovation and autonomy
- To develop and lead your team within ExCeL (8 direct reports, fluctuating core team of 250).
- To inspire your team to deliver exceptional service to our multiple clients and guests
- Full responsibility and ownership or large scale, high volume conference & events of a wide variety
- Full responsibility of ensuring budgets are targets and met and exceeded
- To facilitate senior conference & events clients and contractual relationships ensuring that we are true partners with their business and vision
- To review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets and customer feedback targets of 90%
- To demonstrate full alignment to our vision and values within the venue by recognising and celebrating success
- High volume,varied conference and events experience
- Experience of managing multi-clients / contracts and stakeholders
- Passion for high quality food and customer service
- Excellent financial acumen, with previous budget and P&L accountability
- Ability to lead, develop and train staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to influence and operate at all stakeholder levels
- Ability to drive change with effective project and stakeholder management skills
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.