Sous Chef – Wingfield Café at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
5 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a talented Sous Chef to join our catering team within the Wingfield Cafe & Staff Restaurantat this prestigious sports club based in the heart of Wimbledon.
This is one of the world’s iconic sporting locations serving as a private Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the Head Chef.
This role offers great development opportunities and would suit a senior Chef de Partie with contract catering restaurant experience ready to take on their first Sous Chef role.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
SOUS CHEF – WINGFIELD CAFE & STAFF RESTAURANT - All England Lawn Tennis Club
To work 45 hours, 5 out of 7 days, weekends on rotation bases and latest finish 10pm.Main responsibilities
- The Sous Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering the entire Staff restaurant & Wingfield operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for staff canteen and café food
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- Supporting the Head Chef in processing order, checking delivery and ensuring we are within the allocated food budget
- Supporting the Head Chef and Food Service Manager with rota, labour cost and P&L
- Ideal previous experience in a staff and café canteen.
- Sector type: education sector, health sector, sports or corporate sector (such as head office staff canteen) or sports sector
- Could be an experienced chef de partie looking for their first role as a sous chef as well as a sous chef experienced already
- Should be friendly, positive and a team player as the team is composed of variables as well as permanent staff
Compass Group is proud to be the official caterer at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), one of the world’s most prestigious sporting venues which annually plays host to The Championships, Wimbledon. The AELTC is a private members’ club, catering year-round for its members, tourists visiting from across the globe, and everyone working behind the scenes to deliver this world-famous event.
Wimbledon is not just about the tennis; it is also a celebration of great food and drink. Here at Wimbledon, we are passionate about showcasing the very best of our British products, reflecting the heritage and history of the AELTC. Put simply, we strive to serve the best food and drink and employ the best staff to deliver a unique experience for our customers.
Want to be a part of Wimbledon? Interested in joining the team that makes it happen? Apply now for this exciting opportunity.