This busy corporate site is seeking an experienced Second Chef to work as part of the senior unit Management Team.
A large, prestigious site based in Hatfield
Summary of Role
As Sous Chef you will manage and motivate a young talented brigade assisting them to prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Sous Chef you will:
- Ensure all areas under the responsibility of the kitchen team are maintained and cleaned to an agreed standard.
- Ensure thorough up to date knowledge and understanding of the menu and special offers in order to produce food and beverages to a high standard.
- Be responsible for smooth operation of the Kitchen including relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures.
- Deputise for the head chef in their absence.
- Menu plan and order provisions.
- Assist with stock taking and Gross Profit management.
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with Elior procedures.
- Maintain client and Elior UK confidentiality and security at all times.
Knowledge and Skills
As a Sous Chef for Elior we look for …
- Customer focused person.
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Demonstrate a wide range of cookery skills across all departments.
- Enjoys working with in a large team.
- Experienced in leading and motivating a large young brigade.
- The Successful candidate will hold formal industry recognised qualifications.
- Able to be Flexible with their core working hours.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home should training and development demand.
- Will be expected to occasionally work overtime as and when required.
Experience and Qualifications
As a Sous Chef we look for …
- Relevant qualifications including food hygiene, cookery certifications/qualifications
- Level 2 minimum, but preferably level 3 Food Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Minimum professional qualification in City and Guilds 706-1, 706-2 in Catering would be required for this senior position.
- You will be a person off Creativity, quality and innovation.
- Loyal to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty from your team.
- Innovative: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.