Cleaning Operations Manager at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
The LSS Cleaning Operations Manager at the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) will oversee the cleaning services daily operations, and be responsible for leading and developing the delivery of efficient and effective support service operations for the AELTC for the year round operations and Championship event delivery..Package description
CLEANING OPERATIONS MANAGER
To work 40 hours, 5 out of 7 days, weekends on rotation baseMain responsibilities
To be a key part of the management team for the housekeeping/cleaning delivery and presentation of the AELTC, leading and supervising the staff team of 22 perm and up to 600 casual heads. Key areas include specialising in floor care and technical works relating to the daily care of the venue. Daily delivery outcomes must show evidence of exhibiting a high attention to detail and understanding of five star environments.
As part of the Management team during the Championships this role will consist of co-ordinating, managing and delivering a pre-clean of the venue both before the event and returning the venue to daily operations as soon as practical after the event. During the event the role has the responsibility to assist the Contract Manager by undertaking training, supervision, motivation and management of the staff teams.
In doing so the Operations Manager will ensure that:
- The Company’s contractual responsibilities at the venue are well planned and executed to ensure client satisfaction is maintained.
- The Company’s business objectives are achieved.
- The sound health and safety of yourself, your colleagues, the client and visitors is at the forefront of all actions and operations.
- Evidence of managing a large team is essential.
- Proven experience in cleaning public access facilities such as retail, leisure, hotels or hospitality
- Evidence of high attention to detail
- Evidence of good technical cleaning knowledge and experience
- A good understanding of the delivery of ‘soft’ facilities management
- Proven ability to deliver quality customer service and ensure issues are effectively resolved in a timely manner.
- An understanding of Health & Safety legislation (HASAW) is required.
- Knowledge of Windows based applications
- Confident in approach, well presented and personable
Compass Group is proud to be the official caterer at The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), one of the world’s most prestigious sporting venues which annually plays host to The Championships, Wimbledon. The AELTC is a private members’ club, catering year-round for its members, tourists visiting from across the globe, and everyone working behind the scenes to deliver this world-famous event.
Wimbledon is not just about the tennis; it is also a celebration of great food and drink. Here at Wimbledon, we are passionate about showcasing the very best of our British products, reflecting the heritage and history of the AELTC. Put simply, we strive to serve the best food and drink and employ the best staff to deliver a unique experience for our customers.
Want to be a part of Wimbledon? Interested in joining the team that makes it happen? Apply now for this exciting opportunity.