This exciting opportunity has arisen to work across the various Soft Services at Peterborough City Hospital, supporting the Service Managers with Project Management, Incident Management, Investigations and Audits whilst proactively looking to identify and improve practices and procedure's within the business. You will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day management of the soft services provisions provided by the Medirest contract at Peterborough City Hospital PFI, and be able to step into any supervisory role within Soft FM Services including Security, Domestic, Portering, Catering (Patient and Retail), Service Desk Dispatch, Linen and Traffic servicesPackage description
Permanent 40hr pw Contract:
Hours: 09:00 - 18:00 5 days over 7 including weekends
Salary £21,000 per annumMain responsibilities
- Incident management and reporting information to be completed, ensuring a comprehensive investigation is done on any incident of this nature.
- Conduct audits, including Medirest departmental and CQC .
- Ensuring that the daily work schedules of the Hospital are conducted in line with the Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all staff deal with patients and visitors in an appropriate and professional manner whilst on shift and ensuring all shifts are covered
- Support departmental training plans to ensure that all staff receive all mandatory training across the contract.
- Ability to perform or contribute to staff development reviews.
Skills and Abilities.
- Possess good IT skills and use of Microsoft Office, excellent oral and written communication skills and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to deal with a wide range of people and situations.
- Ability to organise own workload and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team but using own judgement and initiative when necessary.
- Able to maintain composure in stressful situation.
- Understanding of Hospital Soft Services and knowledge of Hospital layout.
- Understanding of relevant Manual Handling, Infection Control and Health & Safety issues.
- Hold a full valid UK driving license.
- Previous experience of working in Security operations and Soft Services or a similar role.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.