Catering Manager – Full Time. Permanent Post
Do you want to help homeless people rebuild their lives?
Emmaus Village Carlton supports formerly homeless people, known as companions. Unlike many homelessness charities, we don’t just offer companions a bed for the night, instead we offer a home for as long as someone needs it, care, support and meaningful work in a social enterprise.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will lead, manage, train and support a catering team of staff and companions to ensure the efficient organisation of the catering provision.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the catering industry
- A valid Intermediate Level 3 Food and Hygiene qualification
- Catering qualification up to level 3 NVQ
- Good customer service
- Experience of working with and relating to a diverse range of people
- Confident and competent people manager, leading, inspiring and coaching skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Understanding of professional boundaries
- Willingness to work flexibly including out of hours
The Catering Manager will be responsible for delivering an effective and efficient catering facility for all community stakeholders, encompassing menu planning, food preparation, food ordering, budgetary control, stock management, and ensuring kitchen health and hygiene regulations are met. Managing two cooks and two front of house staff.
The successful candidate will strive to encourage, develop and maintain good working relationships with all parts of the community, including staff, volunteers, companions and trustees, keeping appropriate key personnel well informed of catering matters relating to the Community.
If you would like to join the team at this dynamic and successful charity and have the relevant experience, drive and enthusiasm to undertake this vital role we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Terms of employment
- Salary: £25,000 gross
- Working Hours – 40 hours per week: Wednesday - to Sunday inclusive with some flexibility
- Annual Leave – 23 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension – An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
- Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
- Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
To apply please send your completed application form to Pauline Curl, Operations Manager email@example.com by 5.00pm, Friday 22nd December 2017.
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview on Wednesday 3rd January 2018.
Find out more about Emmaus Village Carlton by visiting https://www.emmaus.org.uk/village_carlton
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Emmaus Village Carlton, School Lane, Carlton, MK43 7LQ.
T: 01234 720826
Charity Number: 1083113. Company Number: 3924340