Ward Catering Assistant - Addenbrookes Hospital
Medirest is the specialist healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient welfare by providing a clean and hygienic healthcare environment, and to deliver the highest quality patient-dining experience.
An exciting opportunity to join our Housekeeping Team has become available at Addenbrookes Hospital. We are currently recruiting for full-time Ward Catering Assistants (Housekeepers) to help achieve these aims. Shift patterns for this position are Monday-Friday 11:45 - 18:30.Main responsibilities
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate initiative and take responsibility for patient dining and the clean and hygienic maintenance of a particular ward within the hospital.
Main responsibilities include;
- Distributing daily menus while communicating menu information and product choices to patients
- Liaising with the Nursing team and Dietitians to assist with Special Diet orders
- Preparing and serving meal choices
- Clearing ward after meal service
- Replenishing disposable items (hand towels/safety gloves etc)
- Maintaining the required standards of cleanliness in allocated area
Full training provided.Ideal candidate
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Safe, Kind and Consideration
- Be passionate and take pride in their work
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Well organised
- Have excellent people skills
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
Previous cleaning/catering experience and knowledge is desirable.About the company
At Medirest, we believe that creating the right opportunities for the right people is the key to the Hospitals renowned success. We offer Agenda for Change contracts which means that although you will not be employed by the NHS, you will enjoy progressive pay scales, generous Annual Leave entitlements, as well as other attractive Terms and Conditions. So be a part of one of the country’s leading Hospitals and begin a rewarding role with Medirest.
For more information about our services within healthcare, visit our website at www.medirest.co.uk.