- Ensure all areas under the responsibility of the kitchen team are maintained and cleaned to an agreed standard.
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to produce food and beverages to a high standard.
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures.
- Deputise for the head chef in their absence.
- Menu plan and order provisions.
- Assist with stock taking and Gross Profit management.
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures.
- Maintain client and Elior UK confidentiality and security at all times.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As the Sous Chef we look for:
- Customer focused person.
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Demonstrate a wide range of cookery skills across all departments.
- Enjoys working with in a large team.
- Experienced in leading and motivating a large young brigade.
- The Successful candidate will hold formal industry recognised qualifications.
- Able to be Flexible with their core working hours.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home should training and development demand.
- Will be expected to occasionally work overtime as and when required.