Resource Network is the central hub behind relief staff for Compass Group, the largest contract catering company in the world. Resource Network delivers temporary casual work direct to Compass Group clients, including the O2 arena, KPMG, Deloitte and Sainsbury's. We aim to recruit team members in front of house, back of house and chef roles who strive for perfection and are ambitious for delivering world class service to our clients and customers.Main responsibilities
Responsible for the logistics within the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas throughout your shift with main duties to include:
- Transportation and transfer of patients around the hospital including day care, A&E, theatres & ward areas using various modes of transport within agreed response times and standards
- Delivering medical gas cylinders, equipment, stores, furniture, pharmaceutical and pathology items.
- Taking blood samples, specimens and medication around the hospital in a timely and pleasant manner.
- To take linen, case notes and the removal and disposal of waste of which some duties can be heavy.
- Receive, record and prioritise job requests in line with agreed procedures.
- Transport the deceased to the mortuary
- Support medical staff during emergency situations to include major incidents to the arrival of the Air ambulance.
- The successful candidate must already hold a valid DBS
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Awareness of high patient cares standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Previous experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
Whether it's your first back step back into employment, or you're just looking for a new challenge to fit your lifestyle. Let us support in matching you to the right job to develop your skills. Working through Resource Network comes with a range of benefits, something our regular team members use on a daily basis.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Supportive Team
- Perks at Work (Retail discounts, money off cinema tickets, family days out)
- Holiday Accruement
- Weekly Payment