CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one. An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Brookwood, our 'independent schools' caterer. Brookwood offers the highest standard of fresh, quality food to pupils across all school ages and genders, whether they are day pupils or boarders. Currently supplying 45,500 fresh meals each school day to over 90 independent schools!Summary
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to join our passionate and focused Kitchen Brigade, who embody CHamp;&Co’s passion for food providence, quality and fresh Ingredients at this prestigious contract.Main Responsibilities
- Assist the Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen, including the preparation of all foods, stock taking and looking after HACCAP.
- Ready to take control of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
- Present all dishes to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour.
- To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold
- A desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
- Superb culinary skills and is willing to always push culinary boundaries.
- Ideally have worked in a restaurant/hospitality/hotel kitchen
- Has experience of leading a small team or section
- Able to work on your own and be a great team player
- A 'Can do' attitude