Cook (Care Home)
Cook (Care Home)
Orchard Care Homes – Eckington Court S21 4BF
Hours - 30 or 40
Just outside the local community of the Derbyshire village, Eckington Court Nursing Home is a purpose-built and modern home, which caters to the varying needs of 50 residents, including young adults.
Orchard Mission: To be at the Heart of the Community
Our person-centered approach to care relies on the dedication and passion of our employees, who we expect to go the extra mile to improve the home experience and generate a relaxed and informal community within our homes.
It’s the attitude you can bring to Orchard Care Homes that we value, not necessarily your background of working in a care setting. We are looking for enthusiastic people to continue making our homes a rewarding and enjoyable place to live and work.
- Minimum qualification of QCF/NVQ Level 2/City & Guilds 706/2 in Catering
- Food Safety Level 2/Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Full understanding of HACCP process and implementation experience
- Previous experience working in a busy kitchen environment
- A passion for producing fresh, home cooked food, from scratch to the highest standard
- Recipe costing skills and food budgeting experience
- Leadership skills to supervise/lead the kitchen team
- Good organisational skills. Ability to prioritise workloads
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Client group including Dysphagia
Values and commitment:
- Be polite, friendly, warm and supportive to the kitchen team, residents, Manager, staff and visitors.
- Enjoy a busy environment
- Be approachable and customer focused
- The ability to encourage teamwork and support the team, providing guidance on food related matters
- Strong personal qualities, reliable, punctual and smart appearance
- Eager to complete all training relevant to your role
Benefits & Incentives
- Ongoing training
- Refer a friend scheme
- Comprehensive Induction
- Cost of DBS check paid for by the Company
- Pension Scheme
'Apply Now' with your CV or please visit https://orchardcarehomes.com/careers/vacancy/1836