Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We are currently looking to recruit an administrator.
The right candidate will need to provide high quality comprehensive admin assistance.Package description
We have an exciting opportunity for an administrator to join our lovely team at BUPA Cromwell in Kensington.Main responsibilities
- Provide general hospital information.
- Deal with patient enquiries from 2 main telephone lines and visitors at desk via computer console.
- To allocate doctors On Call rooms and relatives accommodation rooms and complete all the necessary paperwork.
- To book any taxis required by patients/visitors.
- During out of hour periods the post requires unsupervised working with the support of the Trusts on call management team.
- Implement the Major Incident Procedure operating the Current Systems.
- To operate the Trust’s internal paging system including Group Alerts for cardiac arrest and the (Blick) Bleep system.
- To be aware of the confidential aspects of the post.
- Assisting hospital chaplaincy people with daily enquiries
- Fire Evacuation procedure is followed correctly.
- Assist with Security matters in order to prevent loss and damage to the Trust.
- Dealing with complaints and upholding no smoking policy/fire evacuation procedure.
The ideal Candidate
- Possess good IT skills and use of Microsoft Office, excellent oral and written communication skills and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to deal with a wide range of people and situations.
- The ability to communicate and work with patients, other members of staff and visitors to the hospital.
- Ensure that information regarding patients, staff and visitors is secured and not to divulge personal details at any time or under any circumstances.
- Flexible to work across both sites cover different shifts for holidays and sickness
- Must be flexible in the duties performed and it is expected that similar duties, not specifically listed above, will be carried out as required and may be cross site.
- Adhere to all Trust policies and procedures.
Medirest is UK’s leading provider of catering and support services in the healthcare market. We have national coverage which includes service provision in over 50 acute hospitals, as well as a large number of smaller treatment centres, surgeries and other facilities.Our mission: “To provide professional, quality cleaning, catering, retail and support services for the health care market”.