A great opportunity to join our passionate Patient Dining team on a permanent basis has become available. We are looking for an individual to commit to working 5 days out of 7 (inc. Weekends & Bank Holidays), 14:30pm-18:30pm and in return we can guarantee 20 hours.
This role will suit a customer focused individual with excellent timekeeping and communication skills.Package description
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme.Main responsibilities
Responsible for the patient meal service in the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas during meal times with main duties to include:
- Preparing of Breakfast, lunch & dinner meals and refreshments and deliver direct to patients.
- Deliver menus and take orders from patients, giving help and advice where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements.
- Facilitating patients nutrition and hydration needs.
- Offer a hot beverage round during each service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous Catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check, cost's are met by the employer.About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.