Ward Catering Assistant (Evenings) - Addenbrookes Hospital
Perfect for students looking to gain experience in healthcare!
Medirest is the specialist healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient welfare by delivering the highest quality patient-dining experience.
An exciting opportunity to join our Housekeeping Team has become available at Addenbrookes Hospital. We are currently recruiting for part-time Ward Catering Assistants (Housekeepers) to help achieve our aim.
Opportunities are available for the Supper Service which happens from 16:00-18:30 (some flexibility available around start and finish times). Shift patterns range from 1 to 5 days a week depending on applicants availability (days do not have to be consecutive). Ideal for applicants that are looking to gain experience of patient interaction and ward-based work. Great role for students - college timetables and shifts to be discussed at interview stage.
Example of a shift pattern; Monday 16.00-18.30 and Wednesday 16.00-18.30 each week.
Regular overtime also available. Rate Of Pay not age dependent (applicants under 25 years old eligible for same ROP as applicants over 25).Main responsibilities
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate initiative and take responsibility for patient dining and the clean and hygienic maintenance of a particular ward within the hospital.
Main responsibilities include;
- Distributing daily menus while communicating menu information and product choices to patients
- Liaising with the Nursing team and Dietitians to assist with Special Diet orders
- Preparing and serving meal choices
- Clearing ward after meal service
- Replenishing disposable items (hand towels/safety gloves etc)
- Maintaining the required standards of cleanliness in allocated area
Full training provided.Ideal candidate
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Safe, Kind and Consideration
- Be passionate and take pride in their work
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Well organised
- Have excellent people skills
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
Previous cleaning/catering experience and knowledge is desirable but no essential.About the company
At Medirest, we believe that creating the right opportunities for the right people is the key to the Hospitals renowned success. We offer Agenda for Change contracts which means that although you will not be employed by the NHS, you will enjoy progressive pay scales, generous Annual Leave entitlements, as well as other attractive Terms and Conditions. So be a part of one of the country’s leading Hospitals and begin a rewarding role with Medirest.
For more information about our services within healthcare, visit our website at www.medirest.co.uk.