Sales and Events Manager
CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.Summary
We are looking for a confident, passionate, dynamic Sales and Events Manager to join our vibrant company and to lead the sales team for the Events and Hospitality business at ZSL London Zoo. The world famous conservation charity and visitor attraction dedicated to the world wide protection of animals and their habitats offers unique spaces and unforgettable experiences for events with over twelve venues across 36 acres of zoological gardens. Events range from 20 – 700 guests including meetings, conferences, dinners, Summer parties, Christmas parties, private events and weddings.
The role is responsible for the performance of the sales and marketing function whilst providing key support to the operations sub team as part of a ‘one team’ approach. Build and maintain positive relationships with prospective and existing clients, deliver an excellent customer experience throughout the sales process to maximise conversion and lead a high performing team. Develop new revenue streams through business development initiatives and support the delivery of a first class customer experience through excellent event management.
Ampersand are looking for a proven, high performer with relevant experience and a passion for animals, events and food to join our customer-focused team.Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Sales and Business Development
Meet the sales and personal targets set by the Events GM.
• Have excellent knowledge of the site, venues, unique selling points and the f&b offering.
• Achieve higher average spend by effective use of up selling to each client.
• Ensure all enquiries are dealt with according to sales standards and are processed through the sites event software system and followed up.
• Create quotes, proposals for clients for events ensuring that:
o Costs are accurate and company policy followed
o Profit margins are maintained
o Quality is not compromised
o The client’s requirements are met
o The Ampersand brand is not diluted in any way
o Record commissions on the allocated tracker document
• Conduct show rounds and food tastings that are organised and set up to company standards.
• Create packages for our various customer groups and ensure that an appropriate marketing campaign is delivered to ensure maximum business is gained.
• Responsible for co-ordinating and delegating all marketing activities including news stories, newsletters and blogging.
• Maintain awareness of the market and industry trends through benchmarking and mystery shopping.
• Update the website to ensure the visual appearance and content is representative of the quality of events sold and delivered.
• Manage and delegate of all social media activity and ensure all platforms are updated on a daily basis with appropriate sales and reputation driven content.
• Organise and host various client familiarisation events in efforts to create new business .
• Manage the marketing budget to ensure the maximum return on investment.
• Responsible for sales projects that involve both proactive and reactive selling
• Produce weekly and monthly reports on sales figures, business KPIs and marketing activity.
• Ensure strategic marketing plan actions are delivered on time and within budget.
• Any requests to deviate from nominated suppliers need to go through the Events GM.
• From time to time, this role will be required to support the operations team in event delivery and take the operational lead for a proportion of events.
• Collate the function sheets for the kitchen and back of house department for all tastings and events.
• To personally manage large and small scale events, including all aspects of liaison with the client, suppliers and internal teams to ensure successful running of the event.
• Ensure that staff from nominated suppliers are booked in a timely fashion and within the budgets set out in the proposal document.
• Ensure all the equipment agreed with the client is ordered and placed for all events within the budget set out in the proposal document.
• Ensure that all relevant drinks are ordered for events based on the client’s needs
• Produce full RAMS for all events.
• Onsite management of the event staff (front and back of house), giving them an accurate briefing or the event.
• Ensure that all operational packs are collated at the end of the event that would include, timesheets, drinks consumption, hire sheets in preparation for billing.
• Close all live documentation (staff bookings) on line in preparation for billing.
• Escalate any staffing issues, hire issues directly with the supplier giving constructive feedback.
• Run through billing for final sign off with Group GM and finance teams.
• Support the operations team in accurately in producing, maintaining and updating operations manuals, schedules, event plans, briefings and budgets as necessary.
• Communicate and provide information to internal departments and colleagues to assist and enable sales activities to run smoothly.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients both internal and external.
• Attend events meetings with the operations teams.
• Represent the Sales team in an efficient, friendly and organised manner.
• Establish any other cross-business within organisation.
• To successfully lead, recruit, train, retain, manage and motivate a team of permanent and casual staff, ensuring annual performance reviews are carried out in accordance with policy.
• To effectively line manage the day-to-day performance and development of direct reports, ensuring consistency of delivery.
• To contribute towards an entrepreneurial and customer focused team culture and lead by example in provide guidance, support and development to direct reports through appropriate performance management techniques.
• To allocate and schedule work amongst direct reports to ensure effective delivery for clients and to Ampersand and ZSL standards
• Co-ordinate post event P&L ensuring that the quoted budgets are met.
• Ensure all deposits are sent and received with the signed T&C from the client.
• Ensure final billing / invoice is sent to the client in the agreed time frame.
Health and Safety
• To keep up to date with all COSHH and HACCP procedures and methods.
• To report any equipment and/or building fabric faults and any hygiene, health and safety hazard to the GM.
Ad Hoc Projects
• To actively take part in ad hoc projects as and when required.
• To support other units across the CH&Co Group.
Skills and Experience
Essential Extensive experience of leading an event sales team and managing events in a similar setting
Successful track record of implementing sales and marketing plans
Successful track record of proactively generating new business
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
Excellent negotiation skills
Track record of working to and delivering financial targets
Ability to use computerised diary booking systems
Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
Desirable Talent for identifying creative solutions to problems
Highly numerate and experienced devising and managing budgets effectively
A passion for animals and food