We are looking to recruit an experienced Learning and Development Manager to Head up a brand new Training Academy for a very successful global facilities management contractor. This is a newly created role which will give you the opportunity to work across a variety of different divisions to include healthcare, education, defence and local authority providing support services. The Academy will initially be launched and operated in the Healthcare sector.
The key purpose of this role will be to design, implement and manage the Training Academy. This Academy will look after all the on-boarding and induction of new starters. The programme will be designed to reflect real-life situations and will take place in a working hospital.
You will be responsible for selecting and recruiting a team of trainers to deliver this programme. You will therefore have experience of managing a small team of up to 2 or 3 people. You'll have an engaging, fun and effective training delivery style as there will also be an expectation for you to deliver training too. This role requires excellent organisation and co-ordination skills as you will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all the training for the Academy.
Your outstanding communication skills will enable you to engage and communicate with the business, key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure all training materials (such as workbooks, workshops, coaching cards, and manager guides) achieving the desired outcomes.
This role will require you to be based in South London.
We are looking for the following:
* Engaging, fun and effective training delivery style
* Good leadership skills
* Excellent planning, co-ordination and organisation skills
* Experience in a similar role
* A strong administrator who leaves no stone unturned
* Ability to effectively manage the training calendar
* A strong communicator with ability to deal with people from varying levels of seniority
* IT literate with an excellent understanding PowerPoint/Word/Excel
* Preferable to demonstrate track record of operating within a services or retail business environment
* Attention to detail
* Good team player
* Professional, fun and persuasive approach
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative without supervision
Please note, only candidates with relevant experience will be contacted.
Apply for Academy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly