CHEF DE PARTIE
CHEF DE PARTIE
Seckford Hall is a 4* hotel set in a magnificent Tudor building in the heart of Suffolk. Steeped in history and set amongst 34 acres of private Suffolk countryside, the hotel boasts luxurious accommodation, a 2 AA rosette restaurant, leisure and spa facilities for both business and personal use. New owners Michael Chittenden and Tammy Madge are successful serial entrepreneurs who specialise in creating new property and business projects, as well as rescuing existing ones. They, together with the Head Chef, are now recruiting a Chef de Partie with a real flair and passion for cooking with the great local produce.
Enthusiasm is needed for this exceptional career opportunity within Suffolk’s next destination restaurant. This is a real opportunity for development for a chef who wants to excel in the kitchen, learn new ideas and take their career to the next level.
Purpose of the role
To assist the Senior Chef on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items for Seckford Hall Hotel. The ability to be manage their own section of the kitchen is essential and pastry experience would be beneficial. We would expect you to demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service which consistently exceed the expectations of our customers.
- To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed. To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately
- To comply with all Seckford Hall Hotel policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
It is desirable, but not essential you hold an NVQ Level 2 in food preparation and Level 2 in food hygiene
Our culture and values welcome people with exceptionally high standards. Experience for this role is essential, however, full support and training will be given to assist with your career progression. We appreciate the commitment necessary and we do offer rota options such as a 4-day week, assistance with our own accommodation, or with re-location. We also offer reasonably priced live in accommodation on site, and we can help with the move.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in a multi-dimensional environment like Seckford. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing Suffolk’s leading luxury experience.
If you are an exceptional person who wants to be part of our journey, please apply.