Logistics Manager- Confidential- North Middlesex
Main responsibility of the Logistics Manager are to provide day to day leadership of the Portering, Waste and Switchboard/Helpdesk functions, ensuring all company and client requirements are met. Develop and lead a highly motivated team to provide services in line with contractual requirements.Package description
Up to £38,000
5 out of 7 days, 40 hours per week
A fantastic Logistics Manager position based in North London, with lots of room for progression and development!Main responsibilities
- Lead a team of variable staff at peak times, communicating and motivating individuals effectively toward achievement of objectives.
- Effective management of labour resources within budget whilst maintaining optimum service levels.
- To Co-ordinate the allocation and costs in line with budget
- Promptly respond to all customer (i.e. suppliers, Managers, clients and colleagues) queries in a timely and proactive manner
- Be aware of and adhere to legal and company regulations and auditing, relating to Health & Safety, COSHH & Food Hygiene
- Construct a requisition system for distribution of equipment and operate the system with a very tight control.
- Recommend improvements, which you believe, would help to grow our business and sustain our position in the market.
- Be able to provide information relating to cost of sales and sales mixes, analysis etc.
- Portering / Logistics Management experience – ideally within a healthcare setting
- Strong communication sckills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good organisation skills
- Flexible and self motivated
- Good IT skills
- Financial awareness
Our company vision is Great People, Great service, Great Results. It’s a vision we hope you’ll share as it’s helped us to become a world class business, with over 50,000 people developing their careers with us, here in the UK alone. Join us and enjoy exceptional support, variety and opportunity.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.