Sous Chef – Wingfield Café and Staff Restaurant at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
We are looking for a talented Sous Chef to join our catering team within the Wingfield Cafe & Staff Restaurantat this prestigious sports club based in the heart of Wimbledon.
This is one of the world’s iconic sporting locations serving as a private Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the Head Chef.
This role offers great development opportunities and would suit a senior Chef de Partie with contract catering restaurant experience ready to take on their first Sous Chef role.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
SOUS CHEF – WINGFIELD CAFE & STAFF RESTAURANT - All England Lawn Tennis Club
To work 45 hours, 5 out of 7 days, weekends on rotation bases and latest finish 10pm.Main responsibilities
- The Sous Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering the entire Staff restaurant & Wingfield operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for staff canteen and café food
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- Supporting the Head Chef in processing order, checking delivery and ensuring we are within the allocated food budget
- Supporting the Head Chef and Food Service Manager with rota, labour cost and P&L
- Ideal previous experience in a staff and café canteen.
- Sector type: education sector, health sector, sports or corporate sector (such as head office staff canteen) or sports sector
- Could be an experienced chef de partie looking for their first role as a sous chef as well as a sous chef experienced already
- Should be friendly, positive and a team player as the team is composed of variables as well as permanent staff