The bar generally attracts the over 25 age group, we pride ourselves on the cocktails we sell, inventing new recipes is one of our specialities.
We are looking for a high calibre, customer focused individual who is passionate, fun, entrepreneurial, able to deliver high service and standards and has a love of live music.
You will be looking for your next career move, perhaps you are in a deputy or assistant manager role within a late-night bar and are ready to take on a new challenge utilising your skills and experience as the general manager.
The right candidate will be able to have a positive impact on the local area and become a popular, well liked community figure.
Your knowledge of music will be instrumental in ensuring the success of this late-night bar, you must have an excellent understanding of how music can make or break the atmosphere, both live music and DJs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the smooth day to day management of the premises
- Manage, lead and motivate staff, ensuring an outstanding customer service is provided at all times
- Manage and control staffing levels, specifically running recruitment campaigns, rota management and performance standards
- Promote and drive special events, identifying marketing opportunities and activities.
- Create a customer focused environment where the service is priority, ensuring a vibrant and fun environment
- Be a driver of sales and produce profit, specifically introducing ideas for a variety of clientele
- Act as the lead on organising weekly events, including live bands and other entertainment for both evenings and weekends
- Responsible for achieving set budgets and margins by accurately forecasting sales, controlling stock and daily costs and contributing ideas to further develop the business
- Manage compliance in line with legislation and licencing laws, specifically Food Hygiene and Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate will have
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A positive, outgoing character
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Passionate in ensuring an exceptional experience for all customers
- Great work ethic
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- 2 – 3 years supervisory / deputy / assistant level experience within a bar / restaurant
- You must hold a National Certificate of Personal Licence Holders
- A working knowledge of cellar management and catering