Full Time Commis Chef / Catering Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a commis chef / catering assistant to join our catering team at BMI Goring Hall Hospital.Package description
The Compass Group are able to offer a position as a Commis chef / catering assistant within their Healthcare sector.Main responsibilities
Undertaking a variety of tasks within the catering facility including;
- Cooking and preparing hot & cold food items for our patients and staff menus.
- Serving staff meals on our busy food counter, operating the till & cash handling.
- Working on the ward as a Host / hostess if required.
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team
Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy, promoting a safe working environment at all times.
A smart and tidy appearance is imperative to this role.
A desire to offer the highest standards in customer service is essential.
- The Ideal candidate will have a catering qualification i.e. NVQ level 2 or equivalent, previous catering experience and be friendly, hardworking and reliable.
- Quality driven
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.