Food is at the heart of everything we do in our restaurants, delis and coffee bars, it's what we're judged on and therefore it must be right. Without food, we wouldn't have a business.
Working Hours: Saturday-Sunday
Job specification, Roles and Responsibilities:
A great opportunity has arisen for a Weekend Chef/Cook.
• Responsible for the preparation of all foods, catering for approximately 20 patients
• Maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen unit in accordance with company standards and statutory regulations.
• To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
• To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour.
• To ensure all employees in your direct control adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Operational Standards.
• To ensure through effective communication, that all unit employees are aware of desserts and correct price is charged.
• To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold.(When applicable)
Candidate profile: (who are you looking for/who would suit the role?)
• Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
• We are looking for someone who is willing to always push culinary boundaries.
• Ideally have worked in a restaurant/hospitality/hotel kitchen.
• Minimum of two years’ experience. Ability to work alone.