Scottish Canals are looking for a talented and motivated sous chef to join our team at our brand new Caledonian Canal Centre in Fort Augustus!
The successful candidate will have the ability to meet and achieve preparation and food delivery deadlines, especially within peak season, with a flexible attitude to working hours.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Daily running of the kitchen
- Food preparation as required
- Working alongside Visitor Centre Manager and the front of house team to ensure the smooth running of the Caledonian Canal Centre Cafe
- Ensuring health and safety records are kept up to date.
- Managing food purchase and storage
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Be aware of the food preparation level during busy and quiet times.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills:
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Catering
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Experience of working with large volume food preparation
- Good communication and team working
- Highly organised with excellent planning
- Able to work under pressure in a high-paced environment
- A full driving licence
This is a permanent role, with a competitive salary which will be discussed at interview. In order to provide the service our customers require, both weekend and evening work is required on a rotational basis over 7 days.
We would welcome applications from applicants who may feel that they do not immediately have the necessary experience for this role, but whom with further training and development could progress quickly in their career with us.
Please click apply to send us a copy of our CV, as well as a copy of our equal opportunities monitoring form.